The purpose of this document is to inform California residents of Our position with regards to the California Consumer Privacy Act (2018).
It is not the intention of timaustin.co.uk to explain every detail of the California Consumer Privacy Act here, but to summarise.
While timaustin.co.uk does not specifically target California as a State, or California Residents We appreciate that some of Our Site visitors will, or may, be California Residents.
For clarity: timaustin.co.uk is operated in and from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK).
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a state statute intended to enhance Privacy rights and Consumer protection for residents of the state of California, United States of America (U.S.A).
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) was passed by the California State Legislature and signed into law on June 28th, 2018 and went into effect on January 1st, 2020.
The intention of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is to provide California residents with the right to:
- Know what personal data is being collected about them;
- Know whether their personal data is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- Say "no" to the sale of personal data;
- Access their personal data;
- Request a business to delete any personal information about a consumer collected from that consumer;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising their privacy rights;
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) defines personal information as:
- Information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, social security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
The California Consumer Protection Act (2018) does not consider Publicly Available Information as personal.
In the context of "alias", timaustin.co.uk believes that your chosen Username could potentially be construed as an "Alias" - it is what you want to be referred to as, and on timaustin.co.uk each username is unique to one individual.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (2018) applies to any business, including any for-profit entity that collects consumers' personal data, which does business in California, and satisfies at least one of the following:
- Has annual gross revenues in excess of $25 million;
- Buys, receives, or sells the personal information of 50,000 or more consumers or households;
- Earns more than half of its annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information;
The California Consumer Protection Act (2018) will apply to any for-profit United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) business entity which:
- Undertakes business in California;
- Collects, or tells others to collect, personal information of consumers who are resident in California;
The table below tells you Yes or No as to whether timaustin.co.uk does the following
|Does timaustin.co.uk have an annual gross revenue in excess of $25 million ?||No|
|Does timaustin.co.uk buy, receive, or sell - the personal information of any consumers or households ?||No|
|Does timaustin.co.uk earn more than half of our annual revenue from selling consumers' personal information ?||No|
|Does timaustin.co.uk undertake business in California ?||No|
|Does timaustin.co.uk collect, or tell/ask/require others to collect personal information of consumers who are resident in California ?||No|
|Does timaustin.co.uk buy, sell, trade, exchange, offer free gratis, or ask for from third parties - any Personal Information ?||No|
|Google Adsense advertising: |
Google will only show non-personalised advertisements on timaustin.com to eligible users in California.
Non-personalised advertisements are based on contextual information, such as the content of timaustin.co.uk
|Does timaustin.co.uk collect your name and/or an alias when you register ?||Yes|
|Does timaustin.co.uk collect your email address when you register ?||Yes|
|Does timaustin.co.uk supply details / information on any person, or business, where We are required to do so under the Law(s) of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland ?||Yes|
This article was written on: 19th April 2020, and may be reviewed / updated at any time.